PRIVACY NOTICE ON PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA OF WWW.CATERINACUTRUPI.IT’S USERS UNDER ITALIAN AND EU DATA PROTECTION LEGISLATION (GDPR)
Dear User, pursuant to applicable Italian and EU data protection legislation, this Privacy Notice informs you (the User) of the following.
This website contain links to other websites run by other organisations which we do not control. This policy does not apply to those other websites‚ therefore, we encourage you to read their privacy statements.
This Notice is also based on Recommendation No. 2/2001 adopted by European Authorities for the protection of personal data to identify minimum requirements for the collection of personal data online, and, in particular, the methods, timing and nature of the information that data controllers must provide to users visiting web pages for whatever purpose, as well as on the provisions of Directive 2002/58/EC, as updated by Directive 2009/136/EC, on Cookies, and on the Italian Personal Data Protection Authority Guidelines of 10 June 2021 on cookies and other tracking tools.
- Data Controller
The Data Controller under the applicable Italian data protection legislation is CATERINA CUTRUPI, with registered office in Via Giulio Tarra, 7 – 20125 Milan – t. 3284850239.
Any requests for information and/or clarifications may be communicated by email to the Controller, at [email protected].
- Types of data collected
Personal data and contact details.
- Personal data: any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (“data subject”). Personal data include name, identification number, location data, online identity or one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
- Contact details: information that relates to an identifiable living individual (such as name, surname, email address, place of work, telephone number, etc.)
The computer systems and software procedures necessary for this website to operate correctly collect some personal data that is implicitly transmitted by using Internet communication protocols. This information is not collected in order to be associated with identified data subjects, but by its very nature it may lead to the identification of the user through processing and association with data held by third parties. This category of data includes the IP addresses or domain names of the computers used by users connecting to the website, the URI (Uniform Resource Identifier) notation addresses of the resources requested, the time of the request, the method used to submit the request to the server, the size of the file obtained in reply, the numerical code indicating the status of the reply given by the server (successful, error, etc.) and other parameters relating to the user’s operating system and IT environment. This data is used for the sole purpose of obtaining anonymous statistical information on the use of the website and to check that the computer systems are working correctly operation.
The User’s personal data may be used for legal purposes by the owner in Court or in the stages leading to possible legal action arising from improper use of this website or the related services. Data may be used in order to ascertain liability in the event of computer crimes, if any, against the website.
The User’s personal data may be processed using additional procedures and for additional purposes related to system maintenance.
Data provided by the user on a voluntary basis
The data controller will acquire the data that the User freely and voluntarily provides by sending emails to the address indicated or by filling in any forms present on this website, and the User’s email address, when it is needed to reply.
This Website may provide the User with additional and contextual information regarding specific Services, or the collection and processing of Personal Data.
- The purposes of processing
Personal data that are voluntarily provided are processed for the following purposes:
- Browsing this website
- Any contact request or information request. You may contact Caterina Cutrupi using the telephone numbers and email address indicated in this website. Collecting and processing your personal data, such as email address and name, is necessary in order to provide information about the services provided.
- Any subscription to a newsletter; the Users who wish to remain up-to-date on activities can enter the requested data in the relevant form. The requested information is processed for the sole purpose of providing the requested service. Failure to provide the data does not allow the Controller to fulfil the user’s request. The processing is carried out using computerised instruments.
- Any completion of data collection forms made available on the website for the provision of the information requested by the User.
- Legal basis of processing
The above processing operations are carried out on the following legal basis: processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with the User and/or the performance of pre-contractual measures; processing is necessary for the performance of a legal obligation which the Data Controller is subject to; processing is necessary for the pursuit of the legitimate interest of the Data Controller or of third parties.
At the bottom of the contact form, you are prompted to give consent by thickening the relevant box. Refusal to provide data for the purposes indicated above will make it impossible to contact the manager of the website via the form made available on the website.
This website processes data based on consent. By using or consulting this website, the data subject implicitly consents to the possibility of storing only those cookies that are strictly necessary (“technical cookies”) for the functioning of this website. For other types of cookies, the data subject can provide or withhold the consent through the appropriate flags in the banner that appears when you open the website.
- Nature of the data provided and consequences of refusal to provide such data
Personal data collected during the browsing session are provided voluntarily by the user after giving consent. This website processes data based on consent. By using or consulting this website, the data subject implicitly consents to the possibility of storing only those cookies that are strictly necessary (“technical cookies”) for the functioning of this website. The User can withhold the consent through the appropriate flags in the banner that appears when opening the website.
- Processing methods
Personal data provided by the User will be processed with the use of suitable tools and procedures that guarantee security and confidentiality. Such processing activities may be carried out directly and/or via delegated third parties using IT equipment or electronic instruments. Personal data collected during the browsing session will be retained for the time needed to carry out the specified activities.
- Retention period of data
The data retention periods are set out below:
- Data necessary for the functioning of the website: personal data are stored for the time strictly necessary to provide the service requested by the User. As regards the purchase of translation services through the relevant section of the website, Caterina Cutrupi will keep data for a period of 10 years from the date of purchase of the service. This is without prejudice to any further legal obligations.
- Sending of newsletter: data will be retained for the performance of the service and until the consent given by the User is revoked; Caterina Cutrupi sets a retention time of 24 months.
- Data obtained by filling a contact form: the data will be stored for the time necessary to contact the User in order to provide the information requested on Caterina Cutrupi’s services. This data will be kept for 5 years.
- Disclosure of data to third parties
User’s personal data may be disclosed to third parties in the following categories:
- Service providers for managing the information system and communication networks, including e-mail, newsletters and website management
- Competent authorities, in order to comply with legal obligations and/or the instructions received from public entities.
The persons belonging to the above-mentioned categories perform the function of Data Processor or operate completely independently as separate Data Controllers. The list of Data Processors is constantly updated and available at the Data Controller’s office.
- Dissemination of personal data acquired by this website
Personal data acquired by the website are not disclosed.
- Data transfers to countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA)
The data processing described in this Notice does not involve transfer of data outside the EEA. Should this be necessary, steps will be taken to ensure that personal data are adequately protected as required by law.
- Data subject’s rights
The User may exercise the rights provided for in the Articles: 15 – ‘data subject’s right of access’; 16 – ‘right to rectification’; 17 – ‘right to erasure’; 18 – ‘right to restriction of processing’; 20 – ‘right to data portability’ of the GDPR, by sending an email to the Data Controller, at: [email protected]
The above-mentioned rights are as follows: access to personal data and information concerning the data subject; rectification of inaccurate data or complete any incomplete data; to be forgotten: erasure of personal data (in the cases provided for by the law); to limit the processing of personal data (in the cases provided for by the law; portability; the right to object to the processing of personal data in the event of special situations.
Furthermore, data provided voluntarily by the User will be processed until the User revokes the related consent given.
If the data subject wishes to contact the Data Controller, he/she is requested to provide his/her e-mail, name, address and/or telephone number in order to allow the request to be handled correctly.
- Complaint to the supervisory authority
If the abovementioned rights concerning personal data are infringed, User has the right to lodge a complaint to the supervisory authority.
The Italian data protection authority is the “Garante per la Protezione dei dati personali”.
Updated as of July 2023